The Champions league is the strongest and biggest tournament in soccer for club teams. Winning the World cup is the biggest thing a player can achieve in his career. But every great player wants to win the Champions league too, because it is the biggest achievement for a club team.
Real Madrid has won the most titles so far.
The best three or four teams from a certain leagues qualify for the Champions league. The bigger and stronger a league is in a country, the more teams can qualify for it.
There is a group stage with eight groups and four teams in each group. The two best teams out of every group will make it to the next round.
After the group stages it goes right to a do or die system and the best teams from there make it to the finals. In the do or die system, every team will play a home and an away game.
There are no big surprises this year. All the top teams (Manchester, Bayern, Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona are leading in there group)
Just Inter Milan, the champions from last year, is second in the group but with the same amount of points like the leader Tottenham.
Schalke 04, who is struggling big time in the German League, is leading their group in the Champions Legaue.
Arsenal London, another top team is second in their group, but Braga in the third spot have the same amount of points, so it will come down to a show down in the last game next week.
In my opinion is Madrid the in the top spot to win it this year. They just seem so strong and have also the best coach in the world.
I really enjoyed reading your posts! I have to admit that soccer is my passion and I love playing it! I've played since I was like 3 and played all through High School and now I play Indoor in the winter and in an Outdoor league in the summer. I loved reading the posts because I know a lot of the players that play on teams here in the States, but over in Europe, I just know the bigger names over there. It was cool to read more about the teams and the Champions League and how it compares to the World Cup. I wish the World Cup would come every year because I love watching it so much, but sometimes because it is every 4, when it does come around it makes it seem that much better!!
ReplyDelete